Serial components and tested modulesbwm feed systems and system cells as modular components - reliable, flexible, and economic
Changeable assembly systems made by bwm ensure precise working and short lead times with a flexible degree of automation. The integration of the most diverse components such as mechanical or hydraulic presses, screw systems as well as systems for the riveting, sealing and testing technology can be implemented without any problems.
Proven, variable cell concepts and feed systems speed up the planning process, provide for reliable manufacturing, and enable the implementation of automation systems for sustainable utilization. Use bwm serial components for your economic production and make use of our expertise for the perfect integration process.
Robot-based feed and separation of bulk material
bwm UNIFEED® – the intelligent robot feed system for short cycle times
Short innovation cycles and a customized product design increasingly determine the field of production. What is needed here are economic system solutions: Full flexibility and economic usage providing a diverse range of variants.
The UNIFEED® feed system designed by bwm provides for short set-up times and cycle times using a camera and robot application. Component changes can be carried out using a minimum implementation effort. The parameterization of the vision system is carried out in a product-related fashion and therefore makes time-consuming programming processes unnecessary.
All benefits of UNIFEED® at a glance:
- Available in different widths and lengths
- Quick availability / fast time to market worldwide
- No additional control cabinet required
- Cycle times of up to 50 parts/minute
- High productivity – without jamming
- Flexible product feed
- Quick product change possible
- Feed of products with difficult geometries possible
- High weight of individual parts can be implemented
- Quick assembly – short dwell time within the feeder
- Integrated quality control by image processing possible
- Palletizing function, insertion and joining process possible
- IR backlight or white light for optimum illumination of the parts
- Easy implementation of optimization processes (from the model to the serial part)
Accessories of the UNIFEED®:
- Parts hopper
- Camera system
- Image processing software
- Feed/separation unit
- Image processing system, PC-based
- Robot with optional kinematics
Function / procedure:
- The bulk material is provided in a parts hopper
- The parts are separated via the supply unit and are fed to the work area. The feed surface or belt is accelerated and decelerated in a defined fashion. The acceleration and braking parameters can be parameterized. A vibrating function supports the separation of the products, the parts are brought to their exact positions.
- A permanently installed image processing system determines the exact position of the parts to be processed. The camera carries out a quality check and can detect bad or wrong parts. These parts are stored separately in a defined position.
- It is possible to run different products on the UNIFEED® at the same time. The processes are "learned" via "teach-in" of the image processing system. The parameters stored are then provided anytime.
Connections: 230 VAC, compressed air 6 bar
The flexible bulk material feed
bwm TRANSFEEDER® – the convenient system for variable component processing
The bwm Transfeeder® provides for a flexible and smooth feed of bulk material. Washers, nuts, gaskets, caps, plastic discs, etc., are typical applications.
The components are permanently separated on the belt and are processed very precisely on short cycle times by conveyor tracking. The division of the inspection and removal area enables continuous removal of the products.
The significant advantages of TRANSFEEDER® at a glance:
- Flexibility for the advancement of new products
- Quickest responses in the case of component changes
- High pick-up accuracy
Accessories and functions of the TRANSFEEDER®:
- Parts supply of up to 60 parts/minute
- Rapid emptying (standard)
- Conveyor tracking for transmitting the component position
- Interface to all common robot types
- Suitable for Industry 4.0
- bwm camera application (MO/P/S®)
- Anti-static design
- Mirror-image version
- Special versions
|Dimensions in mm
|Size (L x W x H)||915 x 360 x 480||1415 x 720 x 480|
|Component supply||200 x 270||475 x 310|
Connections: 230 V/ 50 Hz
Feed of trays and blisters:
bwm TRAYFEEDER® and TRAYFEEDER HD®
By means of workpiece-specific charge carriers, trays, the pallet changing systems provide for the organized feed of parts and modules to the assembly area. Complex sorting and alignment of the workpieces is outsourced from the assembly process. The production process is substantially stepped up. Both systems are designs made by bwm, which can be used flexibly and converted quickly to new products.
Ideally, the TRAYFEEDER® works in a bwm assembly station with an integrated tray shuttle table. The bwm shuttle table is provided with 2 positions that are independent from each other, therefore the cycle time is not affected by the change of trays.
In addition to the integration as feed system into our automation solutions, typical applications are:
- packaging of the components for the internal or external logistics chain after the assembly
- in-line palletizing of components on injection moulding and tooling machines
With their compact design, including the control cabinet that is installed and the control technology, TRAYFEEDER® and TRAYFEEDER HD® are designed in an extremely space-saving fashion. Perfect for the integration into assembly cells or existing systems – also directly side by side. Line-up surfaces for material forward motion are minimized. In addition to manual assembly, integration to the factory-internal material flow is enabled – also in connection with autonomous floor conveyor systems!
- Trayport, optionally on a lower base frame with a pneumatic tray fixation and centering
- Fast shuttle table for short cycle times (< 5 sec.)
- Mechanical docking station with tray stacker centering as quick-change system
- Pneumatic lifting unit for easy decoupling
- Assembly carts with roller conveyor for easy insertion
- Cover handling with an adjustable time routine and vacuum cup
- RFID detection of the correspondingly prepared trays/stacks transport unit
- Special operating modes for storage operation, quick emptying, etc.
- Clean room design class ISO 6
- PLC: Siemens, Mitsubishi
- Menu possible in 2 languages (german and english), one language can be chosen
- High flexibility
- Compact design
- Quick, short-term planning
- Clear, reliable interfaces
|Properties of||TRAYFEEDER®||TRAYFEEDER HD®|
|Dimensions||2440 x 600 x 2920 mm||3500 x 800 x 2300 mm|
|Tray size up to||600 x 400 mm||600 x 400 mm|
|Single tray weights up to||8,0 kg||35,0 kg|
|Stack weights up to||50,0 kg||250,0 kg|
|Weight||1100 kg||1300 kg|
|Stacking height until||650 mm||850 mm|
|Tray change||15 Sek. at 8,0 kg per Tray||15 Sek. at 35,0 kg per Tray|
* A special feature of the XL version is provided by the possibility of integrating a robot. In this way, a self-sufficient unit with a precise interface to the process unit can be planned.
Connections: 3-phase – 400 V/ 50 Hz/ 10A, 5 bar - 150l/ min.
We support the development of your individual trays!
The basis for the modular structure
bwm system cells
Shorter product life cycles require machine and cell designs enabling the reliable planning for the most diverse processes and also proving to be flexible in serial operation.
Standardized, proven system cell elements designed by bwm allow for a high degree of customization and make it possible to comply with short, reliable time limits, even with complex systems.
The bwm cell designs take possibilities for the following into consideration:
- Integration of robots, standing or suspended
- Process stations
- Feed systems
This includes the implementation of the control integration, including an HMI concept. As a mere PLC, robot, or PC control or in the form of a hybrid architecture.
- Planning security
- Short planning times
- Flexibility in the life cycle